About Mario

My photo
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Mario Piumetti is a freelance writer of science fiction, horror, screenplays, and nonfiction. He has a bachelor's degree in English from California Lutheran University and an MFA in creative writing from Antioch University. An avid music lover, his work is heavily influenced by rock, punk, and metal. You can contact him at mario.piumetti.writer@gmail.com.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Ain't No Grave: Day 80

This week has been a very slow and unproductive one for Ain't No GraveI've written maybe four or five thousand words.  My daily quota is supposed to be over two thousand.  And while I'm happy to have reached a quarter of a way into the second draft, the slow progress has me very worried about the novel's future.

I've got about nine months left until my deadline.  That's a lot of time left, but it can go by in a flash if you're not careful.  I don't know what to do, how to jumpstart my mojo on this.  It reminds me of when I worked on the alien invasion novel.  It was another genre that I enjoyed, and for a while, it was going well, but eventually the whole thing just stopped.

The fact that things feel slow with Ain't No Grave isn't what worries me.  What worries me is what happens if this project falls through just like the others.  Does this mean that I'm doomed to move on to another story that could very well meet the same fate?

No comments:

Post a Comment