About Mario

My photo
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Mario Piumetti is a freelance writer of science fiction, horror, screenplays, and nonfiction. He has a bachelor's degree in English from California Lutheran University and an MFA in creative writing from Antioch University. An avid music lover, his work is heavily influenced by rock, punk, and metal. You can contact him at mario.piumetti.writer@gmail.com.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fools Rush In

I had a magnificent burst of inspiration last night, a real eureka moment where I came up with an idea for an alien story that gave my inner geek the raging nerdgasm it deserved.  I was about ready to drop everything and dive right in.

Then I stopped...

I woke up this morning and said to myself, "Hang on a second.  You've already committed yourself to a zombie novel."  See, this is the problem I've had in the past.  I get distracted by a new and fresh idea, and I want to go knock up my imagination before it brings anther story to term.  A friend of mine in college even told me that I was all about the instant gratification, and that ends up working against me, stalling me from pushing on towards a finished product.

So Ain't No Grave is still on, and the alien story will have to wait until I reach my October deadline.  That's not necessarily a bad thing either.  It gives the alien story time to congeal in my mind so that when I get to writing it later this year, I won't be fumbling around with it.

Nice try, E.T., but your glowing middle finger didn't work this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment