About Mario

My photo
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Mario Piumetti is a freelance writer of science fiction, horror, screenplays, and nonfiction. He has a bachelor's degree in English from California Lutheran University and an MFA in creative writing from Antioch University. An avid music lover, his work is heavily influenced by rock, punk, and metal. You can contact him at mario.piumetti.writer@gmail.com.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Getting Started

I began the first draft of Undead and Inhuman on Saturday, and it got off to a slow start.  The first day was really sluggish.  Yesterday, I got a lot more work done catching up but I still fell a little bit short on my quota, but today I think I should be able to get fully up to speed.

The last couple of days were spent setting things up for one of the main characters.  Now I'm going back and starting over again with the second one, and then the third one after that.  Writing the first few pages of a character is always the trickiest because you're trying to find even a tiny patch of ground upon which you can build things up, so I'm expecting this first week to be the roughest.

No comments:

Post a Comment