My tracker is taken right out of Writer's Market, but it's basically an Excel file with the following columns:
- Manuscript Title: The title of the submission.
- Market: The name of the magazine, agency, or publisher you're sending your story to.
- Contact Name: The name of the person at the market getting your work.
- Date Sent: The date you send in the work.
- Date Rejected: The date your work was rejected.
- Date Accepted: The date your work was accepted.
- Date Published: The date your work was printed.
- Payment Received: How much you were paid (if applicable).
- Comments: Any additional notes about your experience with that specific market.