About Mario

My photo
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Mario Piumetti is a freelance writer of science fiction, horror, screenplays, and nonfiction. He has a bachelor's degree in English from California Lutheran University and an MFA in creative writing from Antioch University. An avid music lover, his work is heavily influenced by rock, punk, and metal. You can contact him at mario.piumetti.writer@gmail.com.

Friday, January 23, 2015

Getting Out of Creative Black Holes

I recently finished the Document, my big ol' stack of research notes.  And we're talking about notes!  126 documentaries, and I know I watched more that ultimately didn't prove so useful.  But know that my brain's swollen with knowledge, it's time for me to get back to the serious task of actually writing.  After all, these notes are useless unless I can apply them to some good stories.

As useful as the Document is, part of me really did use it as an excuse not to write.  I feel like I've hit a creative slump recently, and was too afraid to admit it to myself.  I was afraid because then it meant I'd have to roll up my sleeves and *gulp* work to come up with new material!

That doesn't sound fun.  Let's spin it into something pleasant.

Okay, next week I'm not going to work towards coming up with new story ideas.  Instead, I'm going to hook my brain up to jumper cables, defibrillate my neurons, and scream, "It's alive!"  Muahahahahaaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment