About Mario

My photo
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Mario Piumetti is a freelance writer of science fiction, horror, screenplays, and nonfiction. He has a bachelor's degree in English from California Lutheran University and an MFA in creative writing from Antioch University. An avid music lover, his work is heavily influenced by rock, punk, and metal. You can contact him at mario.piumetti.writer@gmail.com.

Friday, July 11, 2014

"Roar Shack" has a Home

I'm happy to announce that my short story Roar Shack was accepted this week by The Horror Zine.

This story about a young boy chased by monsters in Echo Park is one I've been working on for some time with revisions continuing even after acceptance.  I'd like to thank Horror Zine's editor Jenni Rector for the valuable feedback she gave in polishing up the story, as well as my friend Ashley Perez who gave me a first reaction on it way back when.

Roar Shack should be out in print in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment