About Mario

My photo
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Mario Piumetti is a freelance writer of science fiction, horror, screenplays, and nonfiction. He has a bachelor's degree in English from California Lutheran University and an MFA in creative writing from Antioch University. An avid music lover, his work is heavily influenced by rock, punk, and metal. You can contact him at mario.piumetti.writer@gmail.com.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Aliens Win

Hey, folks.  I'm sorry that I fell off the radar for a while, but I've been very busy brainstorming the online novel, weighing in aliens versus zombies like I was in my last post a week ago.

I've decided to side with the alien story.  I feel that, right now, a return to my science fiction roots is probably the smartest thing to do.  It's me returning to a genre that I love, a genre that I don't think I ever really gave a strong enough chance.

No, I haven't abandoned thoughts of writing zombie fiction entirely.  When you're a fan of multiple genres - science fiction, zombies, romance, undead erotica - you want to give each one a shot at least once, but there are only so many hours in the day, so many days in the week, and you've got to prioritize.

No comments:

Post a Comment