About Mario

My photo
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Mario Piumetti is a freelance writer of science fiction, horror, screenplays, and nonfiction. He has a bachelor's degree in English from California Lutheran University and an MFA in creative writing from Antioch University. An avid music lover, his work is heavily influenced by rock, punk, and metal. You can contact him at mario.piumetti.writer@gmail.com.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

It IS a Long Hard Road Out of Hell

A friend of mine told me about how she was having a rough day and missing deadlines like Greedo misses Han.  I felt bad for her, especially since I've been having a pretty slow day myself with just a little fiction work and some editing on an article.

The slow days suck.  Always have.  Always will.  It's like any other job.  There's not a one that's all sunshine and puppies everyday.  If there is, tell me.  I'd love to apply.

The best thing I can recommend - and I know it's gonna really suck ass - is to simply push on as best as you can.  Getting even a tiny bit of work might seem like nothing, but it's that much more than you had yesterday.  More power to you.  Make sure you're keeping the momentum in a forward direction.  If you're regressing, then perhaps you really do need to take a day or two off to chillax.

No comments:

Post a Comment