About Mario

My photo
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Mario Piumetti is a freelance writer of science fiction, horror, screenplays, and nonfiction. He has a bachelor's degree in English from California Lutheran University and an MFA in creative writing from Antioch University. An avid music lover, his work is heavily influenced by rock, punk, and metal. You can contact him at mario.piumetti.writer@gmail.com.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Silence is Golden?

I went to my third meeting of this writing group last night, and I have to admit that I'm feeling a little apprehensive by the silence of it all.

There weren't many people last night.  Thank you very much, How I Met Your Mother's underwhelming finale.  But last week was all quiet too, and it's kind of got the hairs on my neck standing on end.  It feels weird being the guy who likes listening to loud music, like we're all supposed to be part of some silent group mind jacked into a juggernaut.  We talk about our work at the end of the session, but even then it's uncomfortable communicating with strangers about what I'm working on.

Here's my real problem: if silence is the only thing needed, then hell I can do that on my own.  Does that make the group useless, or should I give it a little more time?

*Throws hands up in the air*  I dunno.  It just feels a little weird.  Grumble, grumble, grumble!

No comments:

Post a Comment