About Mario

My photo
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Mario Piumetti is a freelance writer of science fiction, horror, screenplays, and nonfiction. He has a bachelor's degree in English from California Lutheran University and an MFA in creative writing from Antioch University. An avid music lover, his work is heavily influenced by rock, punk, and metal. You can contact him at mario.piumetti.writer@gmail.com.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

No Tomorrow: Day 22

Today, I got the bright idea to write outside.  It was a nice, sunny day, so it seemed like a good thing to do.  Ah, but it backfired.  It was such a relaxing day that I found myself relaxing more than writing half the time.  Still got a solid 1,600 words out of it.  Unfortunately, I still have at least another two thousand to go.

Aw, crap.  It never seems like I'm getting enough words written in the day.

No Tomorrow is covering just a week of story time right now.  That is, in the universe of the story, only a week has gone by since the first page.  I don't have a specific time scale in mind.  It could be a month, a year, a decade.  Still, I'm well over a hundred pages into it.  I would have thought that more time would have gone by.  Joke's on me, I guess.

The word count I'm aiming for is still a hundred thousand words, but that I've covered just a week of story time, I think I might have to add another fifty thousand on top of that.  That's nothing set in stone.  It's just a possibility at the moment.

On top of everything, I'm going back to my day job of tutoring tomorrow, which, of course, means I've got a few hours less each day for writing.  Having the whole summer to myself was nice while it lasted.  This was really why I wanted to get the first draft done by the end of July, so that I wouldn't have to worry about it alongside getting my tutoring work done.

But hey, shit happens, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment