About Mario

My photo
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Mario Piumetti is a freelance writer of science fiction, horror, screenplays, and nonfiction. He has a bachelor's degree in English from California Lutheran University and an MFA in creative writing from Antioch University. An avid music lover, his work is heavily influenced by rock, punk, and metal. You can contact him at mario.piumetti.writer@gmail.com.

Friday, August 16, 2013

No Tomorrow: Day 38

I know, I know.  I should have done nearly a dozen other No Tomorrow updates and I've been as vigilant with this as Lindsay Lohan is with rehab, and all I can say is that I'm sorry for letting things pile up.  Well, I've told you guys all about it, so it's not like any of this is really news, right?

Work on No Tomorrow has slowed down a bit since the last update.  It might have something to do with all the other projects I got going on right now.  I've been putting in at least a thousand words a day, and at that rate, I should hit 100,000 words in about twelve days.  Of course, I'm still not sure if the story will really stop at that point.  I might still have to go over the limit.

Maybe it's because of all the other projects that I feel like I've been robbed of energy.  I told Ashley yesterday that I wasn't feeling any amazing words pouring out of my head.  She said I should at least write shitty ones instead.  At the moment, I'm just not quite sure in which direction I ought to take the story, but I know that it's high time I get things onto the home stretched towards the ending.

I know that there are going to be changes when the time comes to write the second draft.  Characters needs to be changed or dropped.  The flow of the plot is different from how I thought it would be, and so I'll have to go back and massage the manuscript.  Oh, and I also need to figure out chapter breaks; the story right now is one long chapter.

Right now, I'm just trying to get to "the end."

No comments:

Post a Comment