About Mario

My photo
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Mario Piumetti is a freelance writer of science fiction, horror, screenplays, and nonfiction. He has a bachelor's degree in English from California Lutheran University and an MFA in creative writing from Antioch University. An avid music lover, his work is heavily influenced by rock, punk, and metal. You can contact him at mario.piumetti.writer@gmail.com.

Monday, August 12, 2013

The (Metaphorical) Hangover

If this weekend was a big ol' party, then today was the hangover.

No, no, no.  I don't mean that I'm pissed off at anything that happened.  I'd love to go back and relive it all.  But I guess I wasn't ready for the sudden influx of positive vibes coming my way.  I woke up this morning and thought, Whoa!  Did all that stuff really even happen?

They did.

So now I'm looking at all the stuff on my plate: No Tomorrow, the next Andrew Ursler story for Arts Collide, my research essay for Spry, getting started at Carpe Nocturne, getting the ball rolling with Kill-ifornia, and writing something for next month's Roar Shack reading because I don't have anything else fresh and ready for the mic.

So that's *counts* six things on my plate.  There are twenty-four hours in a day, or thirty-four if you talk to my dad about his younger years, but with sleeping, eating, tutoring, and bitching about reality TV, that really leaves me about ten hours that I can dedicate to writing, or a little over an hour and a half per project, and that I can't do.  For example, I can't get 3,500 words down for No Tomorrow in an hour and a half.  I'm lucky if I can get even a thousand words down in an hour.

Fortunately, a lot of these projects are fairly light and don't need to be worked on every single day, which translates to: if I can balance my crap, why can't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment