About Mario

My photo
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Mario Piumetti is a freelance writer of science fiction, horror, screenplays, and nonfiction. He has a bachelor's degree in English from California Lutheran University and an MFA in creative writing from Antioch University. An avid music lover, his work is heavily influenced by rock, punk, and metal. You can contact him at mario.piumetti.writer@gmail.com.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Announcing "The Coast"

Hey, folks!

I hope you're all having a pleasant Memorial Day with burgers and barbeque and other things that begin with the letter B.

A quick announcement: I've got a new short story in the works called The Coast.  It's a science fiction story completely different from the ghost story that I've dropped hints on.  I started working on it a couple of months ago, and it's been a few weeks since I finished the first draft, so I think I'll start editing it in June.

The Coast is set decades after an alien invasion where only scattered bands of humans remain.  In one community, Tom Daniels is chosen to lead a trading caravan to an alien stronghold on the Californian coast.  There, the invaders issue a demand that could result in disaster for his town.

I'm really excited about this piece and looking forward to how it ultimately turns out.  It's more plot-oriented than some of the work I've done in a while.  I'll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment