About Mario

My photo
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Mario Piumetti is a freelance writer of science fiction, horror, screenplays, and nonfiction. He has a bachelor's degree in English from California Lutheran University and an MFA in creative writing from Antioch University. An avid music lover, his work is heavily influenced by rock, punk, and metal. You can contact him at mario.piumetti.writer@gmail.com.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Weight

Chances are I'm going to have to fall off the radar for the next couple of weeks.  There's a lot on my plate right now as I finish up my script reading internship, start searching for work elsewhere, revise Roar Shack, and try finishing the first draft of my another story all by the end of the month.

Ugh!  Just typing that felt like a toil.  I wish my time management skills were a lot better.  I know, I know.  I've blogged about that before, but sometimes I have trouble following my own advice like being an early-riser, eating a more healthy diet, or, hell, just putting on my pants.

I'm starting to sleep with my laptop again.

Wait.  That sounds salacious.  What I meant to say is that I'm working late enough into the evening that I inevitably end up passing out at my computer.  Which, you know, isn't the best thing to but it happens.  I guess that's going to be one small little sliver of goodness from finishing the internship.  I'll have an opportunity to slam my foot on the breaks and reset.

Not too long a vacation though.  I really don't want to lose the momentum I've built over the last few months with script reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment