About Mario

My photo
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Mario Piumetti is a freelance writer of science fiction, horror, screenplays, and nonfiction. He has a bachelor's degree in English from California Lutheran University and an MFA in creative writing from Antioch University. An avid music lover, his work is heavily influenced by rock, punk, and metal. You can contact him at mario.piumetti.writer@gmail.com.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Rushin' Problems

This new story I've been mentioning - a ghost story - has been kicking my ass for a while.  I started it maybe a couple of weeks ago, but haven't made it pass the 2,000-word mark.

I really do want to give it a shot, but I think the problem stems from rushing through it.  Yes, I did plot out the story on a day when I unexpected had a lot of free time before work.  But as that time shortened, I felt like I had to hurry to finish things up.  The result was me going into a project without much of an idea of what I was doing.

I'm giving myself this next week to try plotting the story out more fully.  If I can get it done by the end of the month, perfect.  If not, I think I might drop it for now and try something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment